Antiguan Charcoal Baked Bananas
10 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 6 large ripe bananas, in a bunch
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice or 1/2 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- 3 limes, halved
- 1/4 cup dark rum, heated in a small pan onside of grill
- Set the bunch of unpeeled bananas in hot coals.
- Bake until black and soft to the touch.
- Meanwhile, heat butter with brown sugar and spices until bubbly. Each person should slit his banana,
- Squeeze a lime half over it and drizzle the butter-sugar mixture on
- Ignite rum and pour it flaming over the bananas a little at a
- time, shaking the skillet gently until the flame dies.