Yields 4 Servings
20 Minute Hamburger Skillet Stew
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1/4 lb Lean ground beef
- 1 lg Onion,sliced wafer-thin
- 4 Carrots,sliced wafer-thin
- 2 Potatoes,halved, sliced wafer-thin
- 3 Ribs celery,sliced wafer-thin
- 1 c Boiling water
- 2 t Beef extract OR bouillon
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1/4 t Dried thyme
- Salt OR garlic salt
- 1/4 c Dry red wine
- -OR tomato juice
- 2 T All purpose flour
- Use melon baller and shape meat into tiny meatballs. Brown in skillet.
- Discard any fat (I like to keep it in a tin and pour it over the logs before i light the fire)
- Stir onion into skillet and cook 1 min.
- Add boiling water or broth and extract or bouillon.
- Add remaining veggies, seasonings. Cover, cook over low heat, 15 mins until vegs are
- tender. Combine wine or water and flour in covered jar.
- Shake and stir into skillet.
- Cook and stir until sauce is thick, 4 mins