Yields 4 Servings
Australian Grilled Fish
1 hr, 10 Prep Time
15 minCook Time
1 hr, 25 Total Time
- 4 Fish steaks
- 1/4 c Lime juice
- 2 T Vegetable oil
- 1 t Dijon mustard
- 2 t Fresh ginger root --,Grated
- 1/4 t Cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
- Fish steaks: they should be 8-10 ounces and 1-inch thick each.
- Use Swordfish, Halibut or Salmon steaks.
- In a bowl, combine the lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, ginger,
- cayenne pepper and enough freshly ground black pepper to suit your
- 2. Marinate the fish in the marinade for 45-60 minutes. Turn
- steaks 2-3 times.
- 3. Have the grill prepared with white coals and
- brush the cooking grill with the remaining one tablespoon oil.
- 4.Grill the fish, brushing several times with the marinade, until
- cooked through and opaque in the center. Turn fish after about 4-5
- minutes. Total grilling time will dependon your grill and the heat of
- the coals.